Tenscare Elise Pelvic Floor ExerciserPeter Boles Pharmacy
The Elise Pelvic Floor Exerciser is simple and easy to use, with an elegant, slimline design and rechargeable battery for enhanced mobility.
A safe, drug-free, non-surgical solution, the Elise Pelvic Floor Exerciser provides freedom from the use of containment pads and can help sufferers return to a normal lifestyle.
The Elise sends a gentle stimulation to your pelvic floor through a vaginal probe, working your pelvic floor muscle for you and enabling you to develop your own muscle control. Along with pelvic floor exercises, the Elise gently strengthens and tones your pelvic floor muscle which in-turn improves the symptoms of incontinence (bladder weakness). Sessions last for just 20 minutes a day and should be used for a period of 12 weeks. Many see improvements within as little as 3-4 weeks.
The Elise can also be used with an anal probe for the improvement of symptoms of bladder weakness in men, and of fecal incontinence.
Key features of the Elise Pelvic Floor Exerciser include:
- One Touch Memory – remembers the last program, strength, and setting used
- LED Backlit Screen – easy-to-use, modern, colour screen for clearer visibility
- Optional Programs – 4 preset programs for optimal choice
- Comfortable Stimulation – gentle, comfortable stimulation with fine-tune adjustment settings for different levels of intensity
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery – lightweight & compact with an external charger
- Safety Duration Override – unit will turn off after 20 minutes to ensure the pelvic floor muscle is not overworked
The Elise provides relief from 3 forms of incontinence:
Stress Incontinence describes the involuntary leakage of urine when a person coughs, sneezes, strains or makes sudden movements. It is particularly common in women and occurs when the bladder neck and the other mechanisms that act to hold urine in the bladder are not working properly.
Urge Incontinence describes an overactive bladder. A person may experience a strong and sudden urge to go to the toilet but are not always able to hold on or have to go so frequently that it becomes inconvenient.
Mixed Incontinence is a combination of both Stress and Urge Incontinence.
Advantages of using the Elise:
- It can reduce leakage – not simply contain it. Most women see significant results in as little as 3 weeks.
- It is drug-free with no side effects.
- It is safe and easy to use with preset programs to suit your needs.
- It is discreet and can be used at home during your own time.
- It may help to avoid surgery
- It may improve sexual intimacy by toning your pelvic floor.
Do NOT use the Elise under the following circumstances:
- If you have a heart pacemaker or a heart rhythm problem
- If you are pregnant
- If you have been diagnosed or treated for cervical, or any pelvic, cancer
- If you have or have had epilepsy
- Whilst driving, or during any activity in which involuntary muscle contractions may put the user at undue risk of injury
- Within 12 weeks of surgery in the area. Scars should be fully healed before use.
BEFORE USE, PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING WARNINGS:
-Incontinence can have many causes. You should try to identify the type of incontinence and the cause before using the Elise.
- If you have a urinary infection or any skin irritations within the vagina, it is recommended not to use the Elise.
- Care must be taken if you are not experiencing normal sensation or feeling in your vagina.
- If you have a severe prolapse or any discomfort occurs when inserting the probe, consult your medical advisor before use.
- If you use a copper IUD, stop use immediately if you experience discomfort. There is a very small risk of stimulation of the uterine wall if the IUD is not correctly located.