Sawyer Permethrin Fabric Repel Aero 266MLPeter Boles Pharmacy
Permethrin Spray-On Insect Repellent for Clothing and Gear
nsect-repelling treatment for clothing and other fabrics
Repels and kills ticks, chiggers, mites and mosquitoes
Easy spray-on application
Lasts 6 washings or 42 days of sun exposure
Wear your favourite clothing while enjoying the benefits of insect protection.
Simply spray on fabric and allow to dry before wearing or using. The active ingredient, permethrin, is a synthetic form of a natural repellent found in pyrethrum flowers.
Sawyer Permethrin not only repels insects, it actually kills ticks, mosquitoes, chiggers, mites, and more than 55 other kinds of insects on contact. Permethrin is odourless after drying and will not stain or damage clothing, fabrics, or outdoor gear. (However, we recommend testing on an inside hem first.)
A single application lasts 6 washings or 42 days of sun exposure. Easy spray-on application (spray on clothes before wearing).
Active ingredient: permethrin (0.5%)
2-1/4" in diameter x 9" H
Must be sprayed on clothes before wearing and not while wearing
To maximize the effectiveness of the Sawyer’s Permethrin fabric treatment, use the following tips and tricks:
- For treatment of packs, tents, camp chairs, and other non washable items the application will last through 42 days of exposure to sun and air.
- Treating a tent and camp chairs while camping is an excellent source of bug protection.
- When treating clothing, Sawyer recommends 3 ounces of formula per garment. It does not matter whether the garment is a size small or extra large; you are seeking the molecules in 3 ounces of the formula to protect you. If you are treating your socks, they count in the overall application as well and the formula used is part of the 6 ounces needed to treat an outfit. Applying less than 3 ounces per garment will lead to unsatisfactory results.
- The more permethrin molecules in the area the greater your overall protection. Treating your shirt and pants is much more effective than just treating one of the garments. Also treating your back pack significantly adds to the protection from your shirt and pants.
- While ticks usually find you at the ankle level (be sure to treat the socks and pants) they can also climb bushes and find you at a higher level so be sure to treat your shirt as well if you are around bushes and concerned about ticks.
- Sweating and exposure to water does not significantly deteriorate the application. It is primarily the agitation of a washing machine which deteriorates the permethrin application as it knocks the molecules loose from the fabric. For best results Sawyer recommends hand washing and air drying. When using a conventional washer and dryer, use the gentle wash and dry cycles. Loss due to the dryer is limited compared to the detergent and washer agitation. Dry cleaning removes the permethrin from the fabric.
- Storing garments in dark plastic bags between uses helps to preserve the application.
- Do not expose cats to wet permethrin as it affects their central nervous system. This is not true with dogs, horses, or cows. Cats can be around permethrin treated fabrics once the application has dried.