Ciclopirox Nail treatment 7mlPeter Boles Pharmacy
Ciclopirox is a broad spectrum antimycotic with a high penetrating power. It has a fungicidal effect on dermatophytes, yeasts, moulds and other fungi.
Ciclopirox Nail Lacquer should be used for the treatment of fungal infections of the nails. The active ingredient ciclopirox penetrates the nail plate and rCiclopiroxeaches the fungal pathogen within 48 hours of application.
Ciclopirox 8% w/w 6.6ml solution
Dosage and Administration:
1. Before starting treatment, remove any loose nail or nail pieces using nail clippers or nail files. If you have diabetes or problems with numbness in your toes or fingers, talk to your doctor before trimming your nails or removing any nail pieces.
2. Apply Ciclopirox every other day for the first month (bedtime is best) to all affected nails with the applicator brush provided. Application may be reduced to not less than twice weekly in the second month of treatment and to once weekly from the third month of treatment.
3. Apply Ciclopirox evenly over the entire nail and the skin right around the nail. Where possible, Ciclopirox should also be put on the bottom side of the nail and the skin beneath it. This ensures that the nail is saturated with the active ingredient.
4. Let Ciclopirox dry (about 30 seconds) before putting on socks or stockings. After putting on Ciclopirox, wait 8 hours before taking a bath or shower.
5. Apply Ciclopirox over the previous coat.
6. Once a week (every 7 days), remove Ciclopiroxwith a commercial nail polish remover. Remove as much as possible of the damaged nail using scissors, nail clippers, or nail file.
7. Repeat process (steps 2 through 4).
Up to 48 weeks of using Ciclopirox every other day and having your doctor remove the loose, infected nail as often as monthly is usually how long it takes to get a clear or almost clear nail (which means that 10% or less of your nail is still affected). You may need as long as six months of treatment before you first notice your nail(s) getting better.